28 April 1945: Adolf Hitler Briefly Emerges From His Bunker Beneath The Ruins of Berlin to Survey What's Left of His "Thousand-Year Reich." A Photogra

Wednesday 28th of April 2021

28 April 1945: Adolf Hitler Briefly Emerges From His Bunker Beneath The Ruins of Berlin to Survey What's Left of His "Thousand-Year Reich." A Photographer Snaps This Final image of The German Fuhrer.

Social Media Says

It's really more of a destruction site.
Nazi umarell.
There's a word for that: google UMARELL.


What You Really Think

I learned about these umarells in a Swedish morning newspaper a few days ago. Are these old men really that common as the article said? The article said that they're everywhere in Italy and that they actually get to influence some construction sometimes.

(Russia glitch).

"On second thoughts, t'was a silly idea. Eva, get your bags!".

]Senor ~~Hitler~~ Hilter!]().

Or perhaps Minehead in Somerset, There's an opportunity to stand for election there...

*"Buenos dias, mein Fuhrer"* - The Simpsons.

He says right before an xray shot shows a sniper round entering him and destroying his testicles in slowmo.

Or he can ]go to an American high school]().

The man ont the left is Hitlers adjutant Julius Schaub.

Kai Pflaume.

"Tja, mein Fuhrer.".

Look at it positive, we got 2nd place again in the WW championship like last time.

"Mein Fuhrer, das Scheisse ist gefickt".

"Die Scheisse ist gefickt, jawohl!" if we want to be really accurate.

That's Rochus Misch, and he died less than 10 years ago.

But first, ]find me Fegelein]() :).

FOKIN WANKERS Or is not this Steiner.

DER ANGRIFF STEINERS WAR EIN BEFEHL.

You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Josef Stalin, and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another dictator, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add Winston Churchill to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way at the Battle of Stalingrad, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Churchill KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try! So Stalin, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Stalingrad. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at Stalingrad. See Joe, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Stalingrad. See, but I'm gonna break it down for all you ladies. Would you rather be with me? Or would you rather be with Joe?

DAS WAR EIN BEFEHL.

THE NUMBERS MASON.

Exactly this. I just finished The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. Hitler just could not stop. Every former country was going to have a role in being subservient to the master race.

Then he wouldn't really be a Nazi, because he came to power railing against communists and unifying all germans to go and takeover the land for aryans. He was against France and Britain for WW1 which was unforgivable to him and against America because he believed jews ran the country. There was no way for him to keep anything without constantly going to war because if the troops came home they would demand stuff he could never give them.

"I've made a huge mistake.".

Hi it was me.

Ive been there. Was told locals take their dogs there to pee and poop.

Lmao I can't think of a better disrespect to the dude than to make the place you died into a parking lot.

When visiting Berlin we walked and stopped by it by accident. Looked really unnoteworthy.

I hope it's a paid parking lot. Everybody hates those.

Fun fact - Reich Chancellery was owned by Lithuanian nobleman family Radvilos (Radziwill) - very powerful and one of the wealthiest families in Europe - before being acquired by Prussia in 1869. Hitler organised to build new Chancellery and they were connected by that Fuhrerbunker.

So you're saying Germany built free parking for nazi sympathizers?

And the Holocaust memorial/museum, US and UK Embassies are all within two block's distance.

Now its a radicalised car park. German cars only!

But muh heritage...

I think I might have been there, but not really sure if I got to the exact spot as I was too busy visiting the memorial to the jewish victims of the holocaust next to it to think about it.

He had to compose himself after filming that masterpiece.

You know what I love most about that recreation? It really captures how that at the end, he was only surrounded by idiot sycophants. Anyone with half a brain had long since figured a way to distance themselves from him, and either surrender to the allies, or escape to Argentina. It's both why resistance in the German Army disintegrated, and why there was no surrender by the leadership itself. There was also a mad dash for soldiers to surrender on the WESTERN front, rather than to the Soviets in the East (which meant death in the Gulag). This ironically slowed the Western Allied advance and allowed the Soviets to capture even more of Europe (which they didn't let go of until 1989).

One of the movie posters is OPs photograph too, recreated for better quality of course.

Any idea where we can find the original non meme version? I'm interested in "what was said" even though it's most likely fictional.

Are you talking about the Charlie Chaplin speech from The Dictator? I'm not sure..

It's neat that he had the forethought to film that.

"Scheisse...".

A bullet.

'I want some meth'.

"Perhaps I went a little too far".

Drugs probably.

Wait, are we ze bad guys?

"Fucksocks".

I wonder what Jojo will think?

Is it too late to re apply for the arts school?

The Karenovas.

Cancel culture has gone too far this time!

Antifa burning cities again!!1 wheres my bow tie and tv dinners.

"tonight on Tucker Carlson, we will show the other side of the debate: Goebbles is here to tell us the holocaust was a hoax, our armies won the entire war, and anti-nazis are the *real* nazis!".

Man, this felt good to read. Fuck the alt right, they are literally Hitler youth 2.0.

"Antifa burning down buildings is why we had to do this..".

Lmfao too good.

Impossible, ]they even fired the death star at him and he didn't die!]().

Finally a comment thats not a lame joke.

You should watch the movie Downfall (Der Untergang). I believe this image is that movies official cover art.

Now I just wanna read a short story where some runner is desperately raiding random pharmacies for Hitler's specific medicines.

Source.

Considering he killed himself I am pretty sure he eventually realized, though he should have known much earlier.

The original German poster for that movie is actually a recreation of this photo!

Top film!

If I'm not mistaken, he didn't admit the war was lost until days after the Red Army completely encircled Berlin, aka shortly before this photo.

We also had Czar and Kaiser. Not unique to Hitler.

Might be specific to English. While the German terms are well-known in Finnish, too, they are not in very common use, but instead the more general corresponding Finnish terms are used. Btw, Reich doesn't exactly mean Empire, but more like "realm". Kaiserreich is empire, a realm ruled by an emperor. In English, it might be from movies; it's just more impactful if the nazis say some German words here and there like "Achtung", and definitely it sounds better if they say "Fuhrer" rather than "leader". But only the most specific words "Reich" and "Fuhrer" have penetrated the English language to mean exactly Nazi Germany and Hitler.

Funniest shit Ive read all week.

That day he finally found him, because it's the day he died. Who would a thought he was playing hide 'n seek **outside** this whole time!?

You mean Mr. Hilter? Great guy, he had such a cool collection of wartime relics.

You don't think he's related to old Ben Hitler, do you?

Mengele was your grandpa?

Lost in translation.

He was rounding up! Probably.

Palpatine got at least 18.

Iron Sky.

I mean, most nazis survived the war. They were for some reason trusted and believed by the west when they recounted war with USSR and tried to blame all on Hitler and distanced themselves from the genocide (like Speer and generals).

The Merkelreich.

Or hopped a plane to a uboat to Argentina.

Lol I don't wanna think who is Brunhilde in this context.

Yeah, a pretty inconspicuous parking lot too. Heres a picture I took in 2017. Our guide is pointing to the spot.

Should have been a shitter.

I've been to that parking lot. North of Tiergarden on the route up to the river. Nice bars along the route, the English Garden in the Tiergarden and the Ethnic museum waterfront bar by the Spree.

Joni Mitchell has entered the chat.

If Germany had captured Moscow and Russia surrendered, we'd probably still have the Third Reich today.

Reminder that they took over the vast majority of europe.

So I hear you're a racist now.

Gut schom schpackle und a noice shrubbery...

Speer wanted to redesign Berlin anyway!

I don't care what anyone says, Hitler was a bad man.

Comrade Hitler ? Can't wait for him to seize the means of production.

Still crazy to me whenever I read how many insane conspiracy theories they actually fully believed in. Not actually that dissimilar to QAnon people today. It can be hard to take these weirdos seriously sometimes but clearly even people who believe in some absurd stuff can be pretty damn dangerous.

Wario for sure.

I mean... I dont know what you mean by held accountable . He would just have been executed either way.

Sounds like the MAGA crowd.

I'd wager he would've just been given to the Jews.

"...but we'll be back. We'll see you soon." ]blasts YMCA].

How the heck is this comment in controversial? Wtf r/europe !!!

Why, Brain? What are we doing tomorrow night?

*slaps roof* this bad boy can fit so many Russians.

Other Related Pages