In 1945, a Group of Soviet School Children Presented a US Ambassador With a Carved US Seal as a Gesture of Friendship. It Hung in His Office For Seven
Friday 16th of April 2021
In 1945, a Group of Soviet School Children Presented a US Ambassador With a Carved US Seal as a Gesture of Friendship. It Hung in His Office For Seven Years Before Discovering it Contained a Listening Device.
Social Media Says
>The Thing, also known as the Great Seal bug, was one of the first covert listening devices (or "bugs") to use passive techniques to transmit an audio signal. It was concealed inside a gift given by the Soviet Union to W. Averell Harriman, the United States Ambassador to the Soviet Union, on August 4, 1945. Because it was passive, needing electromagnetic energy from an outside source to become energized and activate, it is considered a predecessor of radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology. >The device, embedded in a carved wooden plaque of the Great Seal of the United States, was used by the Soviets to spy on the US. On August 4, 1945, several weeks before the end of World War II, a delegation from the Young Pioneer organization of the Soviet Union presented the bugged carving to Ambassador Harriman, as a "gesture of friendship" to the Soviet Union's war ally. It hung in the ambassador's Moscow residential study for seven years, until it was exposed in 1952 during the tenure of Ambassador George F. Kennan. >The existence of the bug was discovered accidentally in 1951 by a British radio operator at the British embassy who overheard American conversations on an open radio Soviet air force radio traffic channel ]Wikipedia]((listening_device)).
"Beware of Soviets bearing gifts.
But what were the kids listening for?
What You Really Think
Other Related Pages
- 'American Freedom': Soviet Propaganda Poster, 1960s.
- High School Senior Portraits By Rodney Ramos Productions (c)Copyrights Reserved RodneyRamosProductions Rodney Ramos...
- Ford to Make Announcement on Residential School Burial Sites in Ontario.
- Six People in Missouri, including Three Children, Rushed to Hospitals With Varying injuries After The Boat They Were Traveling in Exploded, Authorities Say.
- "The Prime Minister Rolls Over Whatever he Says And Children Lose Out, so Much For Levelling Up." Labour Leader Sir Keir Starmer Accuses Boris Johnson of Failing a Generation of Children.
- Sarah Henderson IG: SaaraahHenderson Represented by Scoop Management.
- Israeli Ambassador to UK Tzipi Hotovely Speaks to Krishgm About The Two-state Solution And Civilian Casualties.
- Berserk Viking Bone Carved Amulet MjollnirBlacksmith Vikings Jewellery Yule Gift Ragnar Historical Authentic Jewellery...
- Alexey Navalny Makes a Heart Gesture as His Wife And Supporters Look on While a Russian Court Orders The Opposition Leader to More Than Two Years in a Prison Camp.
- The Friendship of These 2 Companies.
- Blueprint to Give Workers a Right to Stay Away From The Office And Make it ILLEGAL to Force Them Back is Condemned by Furious Bosses.
- Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton Says he Wants The AFL to Return in Victoria But Does Not Want Crowds as Long as The Kappa Variant of COVID-19 is Around.
- Tom Had Never Seen Such Bullshit Before.
- Tianamen Square Before The Crackdown.
- China Contained Covid-19. Now, Hundreds of Millions of People There Are About to go on Vacation at The Same Time.
- I Love Listening to Folks.
- WhatsApp To Reportedly Enable Multi-Device Support For Users With End-to-End Encryption...
- United States Federal Agents Have Reportedly Seized Electronic Devices After Executing a Search Warrant at Rudy Giuliani's Manhattan Apartment.