Indigenous Children Forced to Pray to God in a Residential School Ran by The Canadian Government And Catholic Church Between 1930 And 1970, Unknown Lo
Saturday 3rd of July 2021
Indigenous Children Forced to Pray to God in a Residential School Ran by The Canadian Government And Catholic Church Between 1930 And 1970, Unknown Location ]1000 X 783].
Social Media Says
Can you tell us about your experiences there?
Have you done an AMA? Would you consider it?
Apologies if this question is unwelcome, certainly understand and do not take any offense if you do not reply. I'm asking because I've really tried to find this information for years and otherwise and been totally unsuccessful. There's a lot of documentation, first hand accounts, and general understanding of what the schools were like, but moving forward through time the amount of information available is less and less. The sum total of information I've been able to find about most of the schools operating in the 90s is basically a sample list of extracurricular activities they offered (in some documents produced by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission) and a couple of basically unsourced references (in government documents) saying that the ones that remained open were generally due to the areas they served protesting their closure. What decades were you at Gordon at, and if it was the 80s/90s, what was it like (generally, I'm not trying to get too personal)? Was it still a boarding school? How did it differ from any other public (non-residential) school? What was the community perception of the school at the time? Was it really a situation as it's been claimed of "our community needs a school, don't close it--let us take control and run it for our community"? Was it "here's business as usual, just with slightly less corporal punishment and ostensibly less religion"? Was there an active genocide happening in the 90s? Again, apologies if I'm way out of line asking. I'd just really like to understand what the hell some of these schools were still doing open in the 90s, and information has been fairly hard to come by.
What You Really Think
Other Related Pages
- Grizzly Territories in B.C. Line up With Indigenous Language Communities, New Study Suggests.
- Are The Worlds Best Forest Guardians. They Manage 33% of Forests That Hold 80% of The S Biodiversity. Protecting indigenous Cultures is Crucial For Saving The Worlds Biodiversity.
- Boris Johnson Finally Confirms How Many Children he Has - 'I Change a Lot of Nappies'.
- Says COVID Vaccine Safe And "robust" For Children Aged 5 to 11 The Pharmaceutical Company is Now Planning to Send its Research to Regulators Soon.
- Nurses Forced to Deal With Unmasked Visitors Alone.
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison Has Been Forced to Defend His Trip to Sydney From Canberra to See His Children on Fathers Day, as People Across The Country Cannot Visit Family a Few Streets Away.
- First Picture of Taliban Leadership inside Afghan Presidential Palace in Kabul.
- Memorial to Residential School Victims Burned in 4-hour Vandalism Spree in Brantford, Ont.
- Schools Have Welcomed Students Back to Classrooms But Face a New Challenge: a Shortage of Teachers And Staff The Likes of Which Some Districts Say They Have Never Seen.
- Sabina Nessa, a 28-year-old Primary School Teacher, Was Killed on Friday Evening in a London Park. Her Constituency MP Clive Efford Says The Time Has Come to Tackle Violence Against Women And Girls.
- Canadian Office Vacancy Rate Hits Highest Level Since 1994 in Third Quarter.
- Just Days Before Canadians Head to The Polls on September 20, Three Major Figures in U.S. Politics Have Chimed in With Their Political Endorsements For The 44th Federal Election. Story By.
- House Passes a Bill to Prevent a Government Shutdown And Suspend The Nation's Borrowing Limit, But it's Unlikely to Pass The Senate.
- The Andrews Government Has Called The Protesters in Melbourne CBD Thugs on The Protests Third Consecutive Day.
- Catholic High School Wrongly Fired Gay Substitute Teacher, Federal Judge Rules.
- Xavier Novell, 52, Reportedly Left The Catholic Church in Order to be in a Relationship With a Woman Who Penned a Novel Called "Hell in Gabriel's Lust.".
- In New Zealand, There is a Man Legally Known as "The Wizard." He Became Well Known Around Christchurch For Dressing up Like a Wizard And in 1998, The City Started Paying Him For it. He Earns Around $10,000 a Year From The City.
- In Church For Blessing AR-15's. But Blaming Others Than Christians.
- Grosjean: on The Difference Between Driving in F1 And Indycar; And Why He's Happier Now.
- Hyperion Tree, The World's Tallest Tree, Estimated to be Between 700-800 Years Old And Has a Height.
- Says Cporterwa is on Thin ice After he Declared an Unknown Donor Helped Pay His Legal Fees Through a Blind Trust. "There's Growing Feeling That he Won't Survive.".
- Unknown Assailant Threatens to Detonate GRENADE in Ukrainian Cabinet Building as Security Officers Plead With Him to Stand Down More.
- Asked Senbmckenzie About The Difference in Allocation of Pfizer Doses Between Victoria And NSW. "What I'm Concerned About is increasing The Number of Vaccinations in People's Arms.".
- Only One Location Bombed at Kabul Airport, US Says, as Death Toll Rises.